Travel Registration Information
Still looking to join a travel team? 

To play travel soccer, a tryout must be arranged and a formal offer must be extended to the player before registering for a team.

Travel Program Overview
What is TOPSC's Travel soccer program?
Our travel program provides soccer opportunities of a more competitive caliber than is provided by the intramural program.  Players in this division typically have playing experience.  Players may obtain their playing experience outside of TOPSC.  Teams begin at U9 and go through U19 (High School).  

Who coaches the travel teams?
Coaches are volunteers, but a coaching license is required (USSF F License or NSCAA/United Soccer Coaches Level 3 Diploma).  The majority of our coaches hold intermediate or advanced certifications that exceed the minimum requirements.

Are players required to try out for teams?
All players must attend a tryout and, if selected as meeting the necessary playing level, are drafted onto a team.  Tryouts are conducted in the Spring - usually late April and early May.  The tryout schedule for each team/age group will be posted on our website.   

What are the player's commitments during a season?
There are two seasons to a playing year, Fall and Spring.  In general, travel players are expected to be available to practice two times per week during the Fall and Spring seasons and one time per week during the Winter.  Travel players must also be available to travel within the East Hudson Youth Soccer League (generally within an hour) for one game per week (usually Sunday afternoons) during Fall and Spring seasons.  

Do TOPSC teams play during the Club's Columbus Day Tournament Weekend?
Yes.  Each travel team participates in our annual Columbus Day Weekend Tournament.  Each family is expected to donate 3 hours to help run the tournament and/or donate baked goods to be sold at the tournament.

Are there additional commitments?
Some teams may elect to do additional tournaments, elect to rent additional winter training space, and/or arrange for additional time with a professional trainer.  These items are decided, and paid for, by each individual team.  

What is included in the travel registration fees? 
Travel registration fees include registration for the Columbus Day Tournament, league fees for teams playing in EHYSL, and coaching equipment and all administrative expenses incurred.  

Are uniforms included in the travel registration fees?
No.  Uniforms are not included in the the registration fees.  TOPSC has partnered with to provide our travel uniforms.  All new players must purchase a new uniform: 2 jerseys, 1 pair of shorts, 1 pair of socks.  Players will be required to purchase an updated uniform every other year (even numbered years starting with the 2014/2015 season).   

Why do I need to purchase new uniforms again?
Every two years Adidas discontinues items (ie. uniforms, shorts, socks, warm-ups, etc.).  As this happens the supply of that certain item runs out.  TOPSC is on a two  year ordering cycle, meaning every two years TOPSC members will be required to purchase new items.  Some years, there will be new items to purchase but in other years there may not be anything new to purchase which saves money for our soccer families.

Travel Registration Process:

1.  If invited to register, please click the blue "register here" button above to go to the SportSignup registration system.

2.  Select the "Travel 2020/2021" session.  You do not register for a team.  The system will place you in the appropriate division determined by your date of birth.  We will assign you to the correct team.

3.  While in the system, you must upload a recent picture of the player ("add or update image"), for the travel pass.  Click on upload or update image. Then follow the prompts. 

4.  Registrants that are first time players in the East Hudson Youth Soccer League must provide a copy of the player's birth certificate or passport (mail or scan/email).  Please do not send this directly to the league.

Mail to: TOPSC, P O BOX 3124, Poughkeepsie NY 12603.

When sending a birth certificate or passport, we suggest making a copy of the birth certificate, then redact the copy of any personal information, like mother's maiden name, social security #s, etc.  

Questions or problems? Contact